Membership in ACEC/CT is open to all firms (corporations, partnerships, sole proprietorships, etc.) furnishing independent consulting engineering services.
Membership in the American Consulting Engineers Council is required prior to joining ACEC/CT.
ACEC is dedicated to creating a business, economic and political environment that encourages quality design and enhances your bottom line.
ACEC business management information helps you work smarter; communications programs increase your firm’s business development opportunities; and aggressive government relations activity gives you a voice in matters that impact your firm daily.
As an ACEC/CT member firm, you receive the following benefits:
- Access to life, health, workers compensation and disability insurance programs
- Cost-saving retirement program
- ACEC National Membership Benefits. Now, ACEC also helps you control the cost of doing business with these valuable services: Overnight Shipping, Office Supply Discounts, Publications, Long Distance Telephone Discount, Software Discounts, Fax / Office Equipment Discount, Car Rental Savings, Debt Collecting, Business Protection, Economical Employee Benefits.
- Legislative and Regulatory News, an up-to-date summary of bills, laws and regulations, related to the engineering industry, being introduced, considered or recently passed, as well as a link to state and national legislative sites.
- Extensive public relations program to inform owners, legislators and policy makers about the importance of consulting engineers in the health of Connecticut’s economy
- Coordination with other professional, client and technical organizations
- Mechanical & structural forms to comply with the Connecticut State Building Code.
- Standard engineering services contracts available for purchase
- Career Day Presentation Topics and Materials available for Elementary Through University Level
- Professional and technical seminars and meetings
- Technical coalitions for structural, mechanical/electrical and geotechnical engineers.
- Outstanding referral service for owners to locate your firm
- Excellent business practice guidelines and advice.
- Up-to-date information about state public works and transportation project Requests for Qualifications
- Liaison committees with the state DOT, DEEP and DCS. Such as working with CTDOT to better the scoping and design processes.
- Education of owners through the Connecticut QBS Council on selecting design professionals through qualifications rather than bidding